Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mack meets the 4am infomercial....P90X!!!

I'm not going to lie, I've never worked harder in my entire life. No I don't mean working for monetary means, but working my body to the point that I literally couldn't get into my car. It's tough, its hard, its EXTREME, its P90X! I saw it on TV at 4am one night and I'll admit, I was a little skeptical like I am of most workout videos I see that early in the morning. I'm the kind of guy thats just used going into the gym and pushing wieght around, eating protein and glutamine, and maybe doing a little cardio. But my brother and sister in law (Kurt and Noelle) tried it out and got great results so I thought I'd give it a go not knowing how hard it would be.
I just started my second week and it is going great! There are 6 hardcore workouts each week for 90 days. So I have a solid 11 weeks to go. I'm so excited to do this! There is an Ab workout that they call Ab Ripper X and holy crap it is the hardest thing I've ever done. It's 11 or 12 different moves of 25 reps apiece. I can't even finish it! I'm starting to try and finish the whole thing at 15 reps and I'm more successful. I hope I'll get up the the 25 reps and do the whole workout how its suppose to be done. I'm just excited to get ripped again! I let myself go during the summer because I just didn't have the energy to workout while I was in Texas and I lost most of my muscle. But its coming back! Thanks a lot to Kurt and Noelle for letting me borrow it!!! Off to a nice yoga sesh by P90X!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

As I was reading this Tony Horton started screaming at me in my head. He doesn't seem to shut up! I'm SO excited that you're doing P90X! I could go on and on but the main thing is if you ever feel like not doing a day, do it! You always feel that much better! It's P90X Baby!

Stephanie Yamashita said...

Keep it up, Mack!! I decided I didn't want to be the fat "mother-of-the-bride" so I started my workout this weekend. I walked for 45 minutes and then swam for 15 minutes. Sunday I decided to take the day off. Monday and Tuesday back to the same routine. I'm not eating many carbs...just a PBJ on Whole Wheat for breakfast then protein and salad for lunch and dinner. All I can say is that it better work!!! hahahahahah