Monday, September 8, 2008

Back in Action

Well, I made it back to the good ole' USA from the country of Texas. It was pretty miserable as far as the weather was concerned. It stayed right around 100 with humidity between 50-90%. I'm just glad I didn't have to wear long slacks and a tie like on my mission in Russia. (In the summers it was well over 100 with a few weeks reaching around 116 with almost 100% humidity) So I'm just grateful I was able to wear a polo shirt and some shorts. I sold Pest Control for my cousins company called White Knight Pest Control (whiteknightpest.com) I actually don't mind the summer sales. It was worth it to my financially. Of course nobody ever makes what people promise them their first year but thats ok, I still made it worth my time. Bre and I will be going back down next summer to do it again. I'm pretty excited already to start going again because I won't have to deal with the few weeks of getting used to selling door to door so I can just get on it right off the bat. If anyone out there wants to give it a go, lemme know!!! So anyway, I made it home safe and sound, I still can't believe that I didn't get a flat tire or get anything stolen at the ghetto Motel 6 I stayed in in El Paso on the way back. I set my alarm to get up almost every hour to go check my car to make sure my stuff was still there. Everything that I own was in that car! If I had gotten it stolen I would've cried for a week. So I made it back and I'm working back at Cirque Lodge again. It's the top Drug and Alcohol Rehab facility in this great nation. It's located about a mile above Sundance with great views of the resort and the cirque of Mt. Timp. I really enjoy working there and meeting and helping people from all over the country and from all walks of life. I'm also going to school again taking a history class, a public speaking class, and a biology class. A little less hectic this semester but I think its ok since I'm getting ready to start my new life as a married man to my beautiful bride to be! I'm so excited to marry her! She is so so good to me and is so smart and funny. We never have a boring moment together. Ususally it revolves around me making a jack a** out of myself and her making fun of me, but its a good time none the less.

2 comments:

Stephanie Yamashita said...

Way to go!!! This semester will fly by and then you'll both be here and married!!!

Noelle said...

Wow! I didn't realize that Texas and Russia were so hot and humid during the summer. We can't wait to get cool and dry. Did you really wake up every hour? Hahaha! We're glad you made it safely home! Can't wait to see you guys!