Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Finally...

Here you go Mack...this blog is for you. Mack has been nudging me to write a post for a week now. I haven't because I'm so busy with homework and car nightmares that I barely have time to eat and sleep. Also, when I do think of things to post about Mack goes and writes about it so I have nothing to say. But he has been a great help to our blog posting and keeping our 1/ occasional 2 readers entertained. I finally have some free time today so I thought I would contribute somewhat and hopefully get Mackenzie off my back.

School has been crazy. This is my hardest semester yet even though I have the least amount of classes I've ever taken. I guess this is what happens when you are a junior and start taking challenging classes. I almost wish I could take this semester off to do wedding things because there is not enough time in the day to do both. Its a good a thing I got fired so I don't have to worry about going to work. (I'll explain that in a bit) My psych personality class is ridiculous and philosophical, my advanced writing in psychology is a lot of what seems unnecessary writing (go figure..writing in a writing class...what a joke), my cooking class gives me a break from abstract thinking, thank goodness, and it feeds me, and then there is Russian. WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING!?!?!? Even though I have a private tutor, Mack, I suck. Russian is a ridiculous language. I have emotional breakdowns daily doing that homework. I have Russian everyday so I get no breaks. I've come to acquire test anxiety. We have quizzes every other day and I freak out. My teacher calls on people at random to answer questions and I always get asked the hard questions or the ones that I don't know the answer to. Just my luck. She knows I'm terrible so I think she is out to get me. Thank goodness for Mack. The only reason I'm barely surviving is because of him. I'm sure he will be happy when I'm done with this class too so he won't have to wipe my tears anymore and can focus on his school rather than helping me every second.

Oh yeah... my job thing... I was working as a student secretary for the Advancement Vice President of BYU. My boss was Kay who was the actual secretary for Fred, the VP. Well Kay is a nice lady but kind of scatter brained. She would forget to tell me things or forget that she told me certain things. In the summer I was working and one day I show up and Kay is not in the office. So I decided to just stay and work. Then I found a note she had written to Fred saying she was on a trip for the next 2 weeks, which she neglected to tell me. So for the next two weeks I didn't go to work and figured she would call me when she got back. She never did so I tried calling her once and she didn't answer. Then Mack came back from Texas so I didn't bother seeing if I should work for a week and assumed she would call me if she needed me, like she always had. No calls for 2 weeks from her. It got to be the first week of school so I called her to see what the deal was. She called me back the next day and asked where I had been for the past month. I told her I was right here. Because she hadn't heard from me she assumed that I had "moved on" and gotten another job. As if I would have just quit without telling her. I explained how I found out she was on a trip and thought she would call me like a normal boss would. She then basically told me that she didn't need me anymore to help her in the office because the new VP could do things himself leaving less work for her. Then she acted all nice nice and was asking me about my sister and Mack and asked if it would be hard for me to find another job. I was like whatever lady. So that is why I no longer have employment. It was just really weird.

Well I hope this post is satisfactory to Mack. I must begin my homework now...after eating a few cookies first though. :D

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Oh Bre! I want to laugh and console you at the same time. Are you gonna get another job? Are you gonna take Russian again next semester? Haha, I hope those cookies made you feel better. Love ya Bre and I'm glad you posted too!

Mackenzie said...

Haha I had planned on taking it next semester for the credits but there is no way I can do that. I'm going to have to take more classes than I had planned in the Winter to make up for the 5 credit deficit that russian was going to fill. P.S. the cookies did make me feel better.

Stephanie Yamashita said...

I feel so bad. I wish I was there and could ease your wedding woes! I got the paper and actually, the lady did the die cut so it's ready to be folded into a box. Noelle thought the color was really nice. They had some pink ribbon so I got 3 samples that I will bring with me in October. Ribbons will be easy to find its just finding the right color. If I could help you with the invitations I would. But I know you have something in mind so I don't want to interfere. Just let me know and I will help any way you want me too. You will do just fine in school. I know its hard but it will be worth it in the end!1 Love, MOM

saraanddevin said...

that is so cool your takin russian!!! then you guys can teach it to your babies!!!!! ;)