Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The San Antonio Riverwalk

I finally got to see this much talked about Riverwalk in San Antonio. Its this little river with restraunts and hotels lining it. You can eat dinner and look out at the river. We chose to sit inside and eat where it wasn't hot and then we took a stroll down the side of the river.
After walking by the river we went in a roundabout way back to our car and ended up going right past the Alamo. Its not very big and I'm not quite sure of the story behind it, except that its in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I know its part of some battle or war and people survived in it...I don't know, but here it is.

Can you find Mack?


Haha, he's to the right of the door. I was tired of being in all of the pictures, but this was as close as he let me get of him. It was nice getting some of the sights in of San Antonio before we head out in a couple weeks...yay!!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Hey I think that Riverwalk was on Rachel Rays' $40 a day. That's cool that you guys got to see the Alamo. Maybe you should rent the movie or watch King of the Hill a little to get the history. I'm surprise Mack hasn't gotten a documentary on it yet! Hahaha! Love your guys' pictures and I'm glad you're coming back to the beehive state soon!

Anonymous said...

ooooo. that looked cool!! and i cant believe you got to see the alamo. can you go inside? and i like the picture you took of mack. he is soooo photogenic. maybe next time you can get close enough to see his face.

-cherie

Stephanie Yamashita said...

Is there a basement in the Alamo?

Nikki said...

i don't really have anything to say except i can't stop laughing at the other comments.