Monday, March 8, 2010

I Glued It!



March 8-12th is glue gun week. You make anything with your glue gun. I struggled with what I could make and what I came up with isn't all that exciting or difficult but, it was very practical for me. I made these little flower magnets for my fridge. I have too much stuff on my fridge and not enough magnets so it was perfect.

First, I bought different colored felt from the store and a pack of big magnets.

Next, I drew different flower shapes on the felt and cut them out.

After cutting out all my shapes I stacked some flowers on top of each other and glued them. I added a black button to the middle of one of them and added felt leaves to the back of another.

Lastly, I glued the magnets to the back of the flowers.

It was really fast and easy. I only used a handful of my magnets so I think I am going to make some more and give some away.
I also thought about cutting out letters from the felt that would spell out our last name or possibly doing other fun things like stars or a sun.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Yeah Bre. These look great!

Cherie said...

howcome i didn't see them when i came over?! they turned out super cute. i want some

Stephanie Yamashita said...

ha...very cute and practical. I love the shapes and colors! Way to go!