Thursday, March 11, 2010

Extra Credit

So I am taking this floral design class and sometimes our teacher offers us extra credit if we do certain things with the flower stuff we made. A couple weeks ago we made boutonnieres and we could get extra credit if we had somebody wear it. Well I tried convincing Mack to wear my boutonneire on his birthday at church but he didn't go for that. So, there went those extra credit points.

Last week we made Japanese floral designs which look kind of funny. My teacher offered us extra credit if we made a Japanese dinner and used our floral design as a centerpiece. I thought this was something I could do so I invited Cherie and her friends over for dinner.

We didn't really make Japanese food, more like Asian stuff and local food. I made lettuce wraps and Cherie made spam musibi and fried saimin. We also had some butter mochi.

I needed to take a picture for proof so the girls first took this picture. Can you see my design on the table?



Then they decided it would be even more authentic to act like Japanese tourists with their peace signs.


I used the second picture for my little report. Thanks to Cherie and her friends for helping me get that extra credit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think Cherie can ever take a normal picture. She's so funny. All that food sounds really good right now.

MOM said...

Wow. I am so impressed. I the love ichibana?!?!?! And the food looks good, too! You should already be getting an A so the extra credit will make your grade and A+! You deserve it!!