Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Finally Have A Hobby

Well, this sounds pretty pathetic because this sort of thing I think is supposed to come naturally, but I have chosen a hobby. Mack has been telling me that I need one for a long time. It mostly comes up when he wants to buy a bunch of things for golf or the latest thing he is into. It's usually after him convincing me that I can buy myself something if he gets something that he urges me to get a hobby.

I have been trying to figure out what I could do or get into that wouldn't break the bank. I was thinking long and hard and one day a couple weeks ago it hit me. I want to make my own cards. You know like greeting cards or birthday cards or get well cards. I thought about it some more and realized that I would be good at it because I'm a perfectionist and I like that kind of cutsy stuff. I don't know, it's hard to explain why I think I'd enjoy it, but I've already started to have fun just looking online at pictures of homemade cards.

The first card I made was for my nephew Davis's birthday. I had all these grand ideas and cute paper, but after realizing I didn't have any cool tools to make it, it ended up being pretty plain. I forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it, but you're not missing out on anything there. I wanted to redeem myself and make a nice one for my Mom's birthday.
I saw this cute card online...

And this is my version of it with paper I had.

I just bought a paper cutter so I am excited to start making some more cards. Now all I need is cute paper and another birthday or holiday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pink hounds tooth paper. Your card turned out great!

Cherie said...

mom got her gift and liked it. and dont forget...my burfday is coming up. i guess yours is too huh?

saraanddevin said...

WAY cute! ;)

Stephanie said...

i love your hobby and I love the card you sent me! Keep up the good work!! :)

MOM said...

i thought I left a comment. I really like your new hobby. It's fun to make cards because it's fun to receive a homemade card. Did you get the package yet?