Saturday, February 13, 2010

Using A Bud Vase

This week in my floral class we made arrangements in little bud vases. Bud vases are those little vases with like an inch diamter for the opening. I was pretty suprised that I could fit this much in that little vase. The object is to have a focal flower, I chose a Gerber daisy, and then to have some foliage and filler flowers around it.

I love the Snapdragon in the back. It is the one with pink flowers and the top is pointing to the right. Snapdragons are geotropic flowers which means they point away from gravity. These had been laying in a box during shipping so the tops of them turn 90 degrees in the box so they face away from the earth. I liked that it curved, but now it is standing straight up because it's no longer on its side.

It's kind of an assymetrical design. Those are easier to do, becuase you can just stick anything anywhere and be done with it. Next week is boutineers.

4 comments:

Alissa said...

That's a cool arrangement.. and what a fun class! Wish I had done something like that..

Lisa Devey said...

Very pretty Bre! snap dragons are one of my favorite flowers.

Stephanie Yamashita said...

Cool! I've learned something new from ready your tips!! Thanks for sharing. Sharing is caring!!

Cherie said...

prettty