Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Announcement of the Century

Mack here, well, I have a little somethin somethin to disclose.  I know you are all excited to hear what it is and sit in your chairs salivating for information about me so I will not procrastinate further.  As many of you know, I have been struggling with health issues over the last year that have left me in chronic pain/discomfort from head to knee.  I have also been gaining quite a bit of weight due to my thyroid issues and not being able to work out.  So I have been thinking a lot over the last few weeks about ANYTHING that I could do to really get back into a healthy lifestyle and have decided that for the time being I am going to be living a conservative vegetarian diet.  I feel that this could definitely do more good than harm for my body.  I will still be eating eggs and will be getting the necessary protein I need from whey-isolate protein shakes.  I'm not going to be super strict like a vegan level or anything, and I'm definitely not going to start preaching about how bad it is to eat an animal from some slaughter house in Texas.  Honestly, I love meat.  But it is something that I think I can sacrifice for the benefit and health of my body.  I don't feel healthy at all and I don't like that feeling. I like the way I felt when I was serious about my health and bodybuilding.  I looked fantastic and felt even better.  I look like crap and feel like it as well in the present time.  I think my choice will help me.  Let me know your thoughts.

Here is a picture of my dinner tonight.  It tasted soooo good.

   I cooked a black bean burger with tomatoes and an egg on top sandwiched by whole grain bread.  Seriously tasted really good.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

hahaha. "head to knee" i like that. and ive heard those black bean burgers are super good. i wanna try one. i think this will be a good choice for you. i ate like 30 cookies tonight and i feel disgusting....uggh.