Monday, June 1, 2009

The New Me

Here is the old me...

I took this picture at like 9 in the morning after staying up all night camping out to try and take my driver's test when the license place first opened in the morning. I think I look Mexican. Anyway, I turned 21 this past April and I didn't realize that my license expired this year till a guy at the bank pointed it out to me. I was debating whether to renew my Hawaii one or succumb and get a Utah one. I realized it would be impossible to get a Hawaii license with my new name change and not being there. So I looked up the requirements to get a Utah license and I was a little scared when I read that I had to take a quiz. I was afraid I wouldn't pass, which would be incredibly embarrassing. When I got to the licensing division I was even freaking out that I would fail the eye test even though I have no problems with my eyes. I passed that and they told me I could use a book while I took the test!! It was still nerve racking, but I passed. After figuring out placement issues becuase of my long name I got my paper copy. I had to wait for them to mail me the real thing. I finally got it!

The new me...

I am officially a Utahn. The new and improved Breana has a new last name, is no longer under 21, and if you look closely between the two licenses, I have grown an inch. ;) I was reluctant at first to get a Utah license because I heard they would confiscate my other one, but they let me keep it. I do miss the rainbow background, but I think I like this picture better.

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Do you think someone could steal your info and use it to steal your identity? Just wondering! Kurt and I still have our HI licenses. He was going to apply for a job that needed proof of UT dl but he didn't want to change it so he didn't apply! You look older in your UT dl. It's super cute!

Mackenzie said...

Haha, I never thought of that. But seeing how only like 5 people will see the blog who wouldn't steal my identity, hopefully, I'm not that concerned.

Alissa said...

You could always just blur out the important information..
Anyways, I do like the new picture! I was way sad to give up my Hawaii license too. I think that's when it finally became real that I am stuck in Utah. Haha

Stephanie Yamashita said...

I like your Utah picture. I also liked your Hawaii picture. But you needed to become a Utahn.....especially with your long name. I wonder what the person making your license thought!?!?! However did you get your licenses on here? I am amazed at what some people can do!!

Anonymous said...

very nice. Bakker has the same amount of letters as Abiang though. but with your whole middle name written out its pretty dang long. oh..btw..im dying!

-cherie